Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting Ready to Head Out for COR Leadership Institute

Today is the day.  The suitcase is just about fully packed and I am about as ready as I can get for this trip to the Kansas City area.  Church of the Resurrection is hosting it's annual Leadership Institute Conference this week and I was asked to go.

To say this is a change of pace for me is putting it mildly.  I have been a mom for 18 years and a full time at home mom for the last 10 of those years.  Kenny and the children have been my first and foremost concern, but they are getting older and the gears are starting to change and transition is starting to happen-even for me!  So, I'm testing the waters and going to this in the hope of learning something new.  Not only for me, but for my beloved congregation at First United Methodist in Washington who encouraged me to do this!   God love them, they see something in me, some potential and they want me to find out more!  If only I could have as much faith in me as they have in me!  There but by the Grace of God go I and I go tenuously!  My church family and my own family have lovingly pushed me gently out of the nest to try my wings.  So here I go!

I haven't decided if I'm taking the laptop or not so I may not be posting for a couple of days.  If I do take it, I'll post to let you know what is happening at the conference.  If I don't take it, I'll do an update once I get back (but after hugging my family and making a batch of chocolate chip cookies).

Either way, I'm going.  Pray for me darling readers!  I'm thinking this is going to be an exciting couple of days!  And I think I am going to be massively out of my comfort zone!  That's not always such a bad thing, but it's a bit scary!

Au Revoir, Happy Trails and Austa la bye bye!  I'll catch ya on the flip side!  Lord, give me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment