Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crispy Fried Goodness and that Proverbs 31 Chick

Today's daily Bible reading-Proverbs 31-the one that describes the perfect, virtuous woman and all that she does.  I'm depressed, cause by those standards I would fall under the category of epic fail!

It's not for lack of trying!  I don't know if it is because the weather has been so awful the last couple of days, or the fact that I have been pushing really hard to get things done (which I know better but tend to ignore).  Either way, I am crispy fried yet again and have worked myself into yet another fibro flare.  sigh....

So here I am with plenty of things to do and no energy to do them.  It's all about balance and I've gotten out of whack again as my body has so physically reminded me!  I feel like I've been hit all over with a sledge hammer!  The cure is to rest but as a mother, that's not always an option as my mind runs through its mental checklist of items.  It's a very long list!

I want to do it all-to be super wife and super mom and super church member, doing good things for everyone.  But I have to remember that God did not ask us to do it all or to do more than we are equipped to do!  He doesn't want or expect crispy fried goodness!  All he expects is that we use our gifts and graces to run the race that he has set before us-at his pace!  My guess is that the Proverbs 31 woman of virtue understood the need for balance and pace.  She didn't try to do everything at once.  She tackled life one thing at a time and she rested when necessary.

Logically I understand this, but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty.  There are people depending on me and when my health gets in the way, it is very very frustrating!  I prefer to be moving and doing not sitting and resting!

Today though, that is pretty much what I will have to do-sit and rest.  The sun has come out and it is shining on a gorgeous fall landscape.  There's a chill in the air but not oppressive.  It's a beautiful day that my Lord has made-now I have time to rejoice and be glad in it!

The Message Paraphrase has this to say in Proverbs 31:
"She always faces tomorrow with a smile."
As for me-I intend to face today with a smile.  I may be exhausted and in pain but I'm alive and surrounded by wonderful family and friends!  I have the goofiest 3 legged dog who makes me laugh.  I have beautiful scenery to look at all around me! I have friends to pray for and songs to sing.  I have the sun shining on me and birds chirping merrily along with the songs of the wind.  I have much to be thankful for today!  I'll take the time to rest and enjoy all of my blessings.  And tomorrow, I'm sure, will be a much better day!  Pace the race, Miss Trudy, pace the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment