Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weekending-Happenings and Some Good Reading

I'm excited that my beautiful daughter is flying home today!  She is in the Navy and just graduated from her second phase of  classes, so she's taking a little leave time to spend with the family!  High on her to do list is papa making steak on the grill!  I have a feeling that I'm going to be doing a lot more cooking and baking this week!  That's o.k. by me!

I meanwhile have been traveling down memory lane thanks to a new Facebook group about my hometown!  Talk about blasts from the past!  And there are people who are part of the group that I haven't seen in years so it's been a lot of fun to reconnect with them!

My top two blog posts this week are: 

Moments of Jubilee Amidst Anarchy

Leadership-Jesus Style!

From around the web:

Alan R. Bevere's blog post  What Happened to the Sense of Urgency?
Mike Lindstrom's post  False Advertisting in the UMC
Pastor Jon's Too High? Too Low? Just Right?

Last but not least let me introduce you to fellow lay-speaker, blogger and facebook friend Tim Good.  Tim actually has more than one blog and most in the Methodist World are probably familiar with his blog The Naked Alien.  But Tim is also a nature photographer and he posts the most amazing pictures at his other blog Photography by Tiwago.  The photos can be summed up in one word:  Gorgeous!  So if you would like to experience the extraordinary in the ordinary go check out Tim's photo blog!  It is truly a journey of beauty in the world around us!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! 

2 comments: