Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekending-Some good reading from around the web

I wanted to share with you some of the blogs I've been reading this week.  I think they are worth a look!

Let's start with Allan R. Bevere, one of my favorite bloggers.  A couple of posts really caught my eye.  First, he posted a very short quote from Dave Ramsey explaining the current debt crisis in terms the average person could understand.  Ignore the chart because he just used it as a graphic, but read the quote, it is fascinating!
The Federal Budget and Debt Plainly Explained

The second piece is about generational cycles.  The piece was written by fellow blogger Michael Kruse and although I don't think life is quite as cut and dry as this, there are pieces of this explanation that I nodded my head in agreement with as I read.
Can Generational Cycles Help Explain the Current Political Rancor?

If you want to read more Michael Kruse blogs you can go here:
Kruse Kronicle

If you want to know more about Dave Ramsey you can go here:
Dave Ramsey Homepage

Chistine Sine blogs at Godspace and every week she posts a wrap-up of "Prayers for the Journey".  I love her simple heartfelt approach to prayer!  I hope her daily prayers inspire your prayer life!
Prayers for the Journey

Mike Lindstrom wrote a great piece about that all important mission and the fact that transformation has to start with you and me FIRST!
First We Must Be Transformed

Jay Voorhees stirred up a hornet's nest this week with his blog post responding to a comment made in an interview with Amy DeLong.  I'm going to post his initial post and his follow up post to help give you the full picture.  Regardless of the controversy around this, I do think Jay was correct in pointing out that yes, when you become a Christian a process of change does occur!  In all of my readings of Wesley sermons never do I find that Sanctification is a static process.  The basis of Sanctification is ongoing change, going from "glory to glory to glory". 
Oh, I'm Probably Going to Tick All Sorts of People Off....

The follow up:
A Comment on My Previous Post That Probably Won't Make Anyone Any Happier....

Bishop Schnase posted a great piece by some of the first responders talking about their experiences in Joplin.
Early Responders Share Their Story

John Meunier posted a piece last week that I almost hesitated to share but I think there is an important lesson in all of this...how not to handle church conflict!  Let's say some prayers because this is obviously a very difficult time for this one particular church!
A Confrontation During Worship

Last but not least, let me introduce you to fellow blogger Kathy Felsted Usher.  Kathy is a modern day homesteader and she writes about her life at her blog Moving on to the Past.  Take some time this weekend to mosey around at her blog page and read her great stories!  She shares the ups and downs of trying to live in a simpler way in a crazy modern world!  She is an amazing inspiration to me and she gives me hope that I might actually be able to make modern day homesteading work at my place here in Missouri!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!  May blessings flow to you.  May blessings flow through you.  May blessings flow from you so you can be a blessing to the world!  Go forth in love!

Trudy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Trudy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thanks for always providing me with interesting things to read!

    ReplyDelete